Resources & Supports for Teachers
Educational resources including ESOL classes for parents or anyone who could benefit from Queens EOC Tuition-Free Educational & Career Summer Institute.
During the Summer’20 semester, the Queens EOC is providing TUITION-FREE educational, career and technical training online through its Advanced Training and Information Networking (ATTAIN) Summer Institute.
Participants Can Enroll In:
1) Essential English Skills - Non-English Speakers – Rosetta Stone - (July 1 to July 22) - (Mon. thru Thurs. - 10 AM to 1 PM)
2) Workforce Development and Career Exploration - (August 3 to August 21) - (Mon. thru Thurs. - 10 AM to 1 PM)
To register, go to: https://www.qns.sunyattain.org (then click - enroll at ATTAIN – complete the ATTAIN enrollment application)
call: Christhin Montejo-Grover at 716-262-9821
Please know that the Queens North MLL/ELL Team has compiled, as well as created, instructional resources to support our MLLs/ELLs, including our MLLs/ELLs in our Chinese and Spanish Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE) and Dual Language Programs (DL) Programs, during this time of remote learning. Kindly find these resources and materials below:
Google Classroom Guides
Link to Google Classroom Student Tutorial Translation (10 languages ) NYSTESOL
- Folders: Overview - Google Classroom - Google Translate
- Video for Google Translate extension
DML MLL/ELL Remote Learning Resources
- Sign in to the TeachHub for links to grade band Instructional Resources for K-5, 6-8, 9-12 in all subject areas, including resources for multilingual learners and students with disabilities.
- Select Elementary Instructional Materials and Launch App
- Open folder Multilingual Learners & English Language Learners MLLs/ELLs
- View resources for Bilingual Spanish, ENL, Math, Science, Social Studies, and World Languages